Al-Nassr have reportedly booked Cristiano Ronaldo’s medical as they edge nearer to bringing the Portuguese star to Saudi Arabia.
Last month, Ronaldo’s contract with Manchester United was terminated after he gave a bombshell interview to Piers Morgan where he criticised the club and manager Erik ten Hag as well as ex-players.
Since then, the 37-year-old has been searching for a new squad, and he currently appears prepared to relocate to the Middle East.
According to CBS Sports, Al-Nassr are becoming increasingly confident that Ronaldo will decide to sign with them and have planned a physical as well as reserved lodging for the forward and his advisors.
As they have already agreed to the more general conditions of Ronaldo’s contract, they are optimistic that the deal will be completed by the beginning of the January transfer window.
If Ronaldo accepts Al-offer, Nassr’s he will get $75 million (£62 million) annually; but, image rights and other endorsements could significantly increase this amount to about £173 million annually.
Also Read: Buhari bags peace and security award
According to Mail Online, Ronaldo will have a major role off the pitch if he accepts Al-Nassr’s offer. He will reportedly be given a role in appointing the team’s manager if he wishes.
Al-Nassr are currently managed by Rudi Garcia, who previously coached Lille, Roma, and Marseille during his time in Europe.
Click here to check it out for free
- Tijani Pepper is a news reporter at Panel News, and gistreportar. He is a passionate journalist in Politics, Sports development and investigative journalism.
- International2023.03.30Manchester City billionaire owner, Sheikh Mansour named Vice-President of UAE
- Aproko Gist2023.03.30Portable is every lawyer’s nightmare – Legal practitioner, Inibehe Effiong
- Politics2023.03.29LP to refund N25m nomination fee to late Imo governorship aspirant
- Aproko Gist2023.03.18Man flogged at his polling unit in Isolo (video)