Saudi Arabian side Al-Nassr have reportedly terminated Vincent Aboubakar’s contract, in order to free up a space for new signing Cristiano Ronaldo.
According to rules set by the Saudi league, clubs are only permitted to register eight foreign players in their squads.
According to RMC Sport, Aboubakar and Al-Nassr mutually agreed to end their contract, and he will get payment. He’s now available for hire.
The club source stated that “Vincent Aboubakar’s contract was cancelled by Al Nassr by mutual consent and he obtained all of his financial rights” Ronaldo was registered prior to Al Nassr’s match against Al Ta’ee on Friday.
He has now completed one game of the suspension and will complete the remaining one on January 14 against Al Shabab, the source stated.
The representative stated that Aboubakar, 30, was now a free agent and could negotiate with any team but chose not to address rumors that he would be headed to Manchester United.
Aboubakar’s departure allows Ronaldo to be registered and eligible to play for Al-Nassr. However, before he can begin playing for his new team, the 37-year-old must serve a ban that was imposed on him for knocking a mobile phone out of a 14-year-old’s hands in November.
Ronaldo watched from the stands as Al-Nassr defeated Al-Ta’ee 2-0 in the opening game of his two-game suspension.
Read More: Al-Nassr book Cristiano Ronaldo’s medical
The Portuguese player will also be absent from the encounter against Al-Shabab on Saturday, but he will be able to make his Al-Nassr debut on January 22 when the team hosts Ettifaq.
- Tijani Pepper is a news reporter at Panel News, and gistreportar. He is a passionate journalist in Politics, Sports development and investigative journalism.
- International2023.03.30Manchester City billionaire owner, Sheikh Mansour named Vice-President of UAE
- Aproko Gist2023.03.30Portable is every lawyer’s nightmare – Legal practitioner, Inibehe Effiong
- Politics2023.03.29LP to refund N25m nomination fee to late Imo governorship aspirant
- Aproko Gist2023.03.18Man flogged at his polling unit in Isolo (video)