For the month of December, Nigerians returning home with expired passports will finally be permitted entry.
This information was provided in a letter dated December 9, 2022, from the Comptroller-General of Immigration Service (CGIS), Isah Jere Idris, to Geoffrey Onyeama, Minister of Foreign Affairs.
The letter, which was signed by DCI BM Lawal, a Special Assistant to the Comtroller-General of Immigration Service, and had the reference number NIS/CGI/FD/208/20, included copies for all Heads of Missions, Immigration Attachés, Airport Comptrollers, and Airlines (Foreign Desk).
Also Read: Okowa: How to ensure militancy doesn’t return in Niger Delta
It partly read;
“Consequently, all Airlines are requested to allow holders of expired Nigerian passports to board without let or hindrance.
“In addition, all Nigerian Diplomatic Missions abroad are kindly requested to circulate this information to airlines operators and border authorities of host countries for their necessary action.”
- Tijani Pepper is a news reporter at Panel News, and gistreportar. He is a passionate journalist in Politics, Sports development and investigative journalism.
- International2023.03.30Manchester City billionaire owner, Sheikh Mansour named Vice-President of UAE
- Aproko Gist2023.03.30Portable is every lawyer’s nightmare – Legal practitioner, Inibehe Effiong
- Politics2023.03.29LP to refund N25m nomination fee to late Imo governorship aspirant
- Aproko Gist2023.03.18Man flogged at his polling unit in Isolo (video)