According to premierleague.com, the official website of the Premier League, Alex Iwobi of Everton and the Super Eagles is the league’s top ball-handler.
Along with Bernardo Silva of Manchester City, the Nigerian international is tied for second place in the EPL with five assists.
Iwobi, who is now the best player this season, has had a career turnaround at Everton.
On Saturday, Iwobi outperformed Crystal Palace, contributing two assists to the Toffees’ 3-0 victory.
In the entire game, he had 53 touches, three key passes, an 87 percent pass success rate, created two big chances, 13 final third passes, and two successful long balls. Defensively, the former Arsenal man had a 100 percent tackle success rate and four-ball recoveries to emerge as the Man-of-The-Match.
Also Read: Osimhen ranked third best U-25 striker in the world
In order to take the top rank, the 26-year-old outperformed the Arsenal combination of Bukayo Saka (352), Gabriel Jesus (287), and Harry Kane (265) of Tottenham Hotspur.
Other players in the Top 10 include Joelinton (381), Bobby De Cordova-Reid (362), Leandro Trossard (333), Ivan Toney (267), Jadon Sancho, and Roberto Firmino (324). (285) and Demarai Gray (265).
- Tijani Pepper is a news reporter at Panel News, and gistreportar. He is a passionate journalist in Politics, Sports development and investigative journalism.
- International2023.03.30Manchester City billionaire owner, Sheikh Mansour named Vice-President of UAE
- Aproko Gist2023.03.30Portable is every lawyer’s nightmare – Legal practitioner, Inibehe Effiong
- Politics2023.03.29LP to refund N25m nomination fee to late Imo governorship aspirant
- Aproko Gist2023.03.18Man flogged at his polling unit in Isolo (video)